Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Week Four: I Love Dark YA--#YASAVES


How has Dark YA impacted my life? That's the theme for this week brought to you by our hosts at YAtopia. So here I go getting all sappy on you.

My inspiration to become a YA writer lays in all the books that took me to faraway fantastical places. Characters that were flawed, dark, with edgy topics. My thirst for a good story that ended and I still needed to know what happened next.

It's nice to know when I type THE END, well it's not really an end, because I envision where my characters will be in say 10 or 20 years. There never will be an actual end and that makes me happy.

I easily lose myself in my writing and the world I'm creating and when someone reads my book, I want them to do the same.

Now it's not dark, but a recent book I read, Inheritance (Eragon series) by Christopher Paolini left me breathless, happy, and hungry for more after finishing the series. I hope Eragon lives on and Christopher revisits the magical world he has created. After being in Alagasia so long, like Eragon, it was hard to leave.
Here is an article from The Wall Street Journal by Christoper about saying goodbye Click Here.
So, thank you young adult authors and thank you Yatopia for hosting this great bloghop.

What books or authors are your inspiration? Or what has inspired you after reading a certain book?

                                                                    AND

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I drifted away from reading dark YA for a while, but now I'm back reading it again, and I just love it! I don't know why the edginess to it is so inspiring, but it just is! Great post. :)

M.J. Fifield said...

I've found the novels of John Green have left me breathless, moved and hungry for more.

Pamela K Witte said...

left me breathless, happy, and hungry for more..? Divergent, Imaginary Girls, spring to mind! And the Hunger Games!

Anonymous said...

I haven't read Paolini. I blogged about V.C. Andrews, though.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.