Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Purdue is not just chicken

I have been most kindly told by my sister that my use of commas, and my pronoun happy usage needs to be fixed PRONTO!  I guess that is what I get when I sent her chapters one and two, and told her to bash them to the best of her abitity.  I guess I had it coming to me.  Darn it if I only made English class a priority throughtout school.  But have no fear Purdue is here!

She sent this great site, and by golly I will make it a priority to learn a tip or two or three....or four....or one hundred!  See you can teach a semi old dog some new tricks!

Good thing my writing basher is family, I can't be mad with her!  Ok all kidding aside I am grateful to have such a talented sister.  If you go to my farm blog she is a monthly guest blogger on all things green and horticulture.  I know she will give me the non-sugar-coated version of how I did.

See you at the online writing lab at Perdue!  Now no laughing I poured my heart out letting the world know my English is not perfect and giving you the link so you can brush up on all things gramatical!

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/

There is everything here for students, parents, writers, ESL, cover letters, APA guide, MLA guide.   OWL-Online writing lab you rock!

2 comments:

lisa and laura said...

Ooh, can't wait to check this out. I'm the queen of comma splices.

Kerri Cuev said...

Darn commas get me all the time! Wish I knew about the website when I was in school.