Tuesday, March 2, 2010

On the Farm

It is almost that time of year again when the snow thaws and breeding season begins.  The farm has been and will be keeping me on my toes.  It is time to clean up from the winter freeze.  In a couple of days I will have a whole bunch of theses coming via your friendly neighborhood post office.


Which got me thinking (Well it's not actually my idea).  My friend came up with it and we have been shooting ideas back and forth.   Wouldn't it be cute to do a  picture book using silkie chickens.  They could have a big adventure going to the city.  I'm just saying!  I don't think I could pull it off because it would turn into a novel and the chickens would probably become zombies sporting lightsabers or something to that extent.  If I could pull it off I think it would be pretty darn cute though.  The pictures in the book would have to be real chickens, no cartoons. 

Okay so maybe these little chickens are cute ugly.  Maybe they would scare kids.  I think they are cute little fluff balls.  What do you think cute, ugly or cute-ugly?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The silkies always seem to be a favourite with the kids. I think it would make a lovely picture book :o) Every chook I see in books are just plain looking.

Unknown said...

Oh, they are so cute.