Friday, May 14, 2010

There is an app for that

There is a running joke with the hubby and I ever since he got the new droid phone. The phone claims to be uber smart and I am not convinced.  See I still have a cell phone that when you text you have to press the numbers a couple of times to get the letters.  Now these smart phones claim to have an app for this and an app for that.  I tease my hubby when he asks me something and tell him to go look for an app. He thinks he can find an app for anything (what a know-it-all).  I put him to the test and here is what I asked him to search for to prove him wrong.

There is an app for that!

*E-book reader

*Blog manager

*Blogs. I see a potential marketing tool!

*Chocolate of the day app


*Glee

*Tons of free books. Hmm, not so good for authors.How do you guys/gals feel about that?

*Coffee -find coffee shops, kinds of coffee. Caffeine addicts dream come true!

*Documents to go app-create slideshows, pdf , powerpoint viewing, word processor, edit

*Hella emo- Provides quotes and rants.  

*Stinky Radio- record thoughts and comments for all to listen to.


Ha!  I could not find an app for writing a query letter for you.  Nor, could I find an app for literary agents.  There was none for a fairy godmother.

If you don't have one of these crazy phones and want to help me torture ask the hubby what to find an app for to prove there is NOT AN APP FOR EVERYTHING, leave a comment.  There just can't be! If there is then, I would want a crazy smart phone too.














3 comments:

Tahereh said...

hahahahaha!!!

this is such a great post!

i'm a HUGE apple junkie and i can't live without my iPhone. there is literally an app for everything. but, alas, you're right -- no app for writing queries! hehe :D

Elana Johnson said...

This is so true. And this is why I don't have a smart phone. When I'm "out" I'm out.

Lydia Kang said...

Is there an app for making dinner and cleaning the house without lifting a finger?
Oh yeah. It's called a cook and a maid. Shoot.